She's also gotten quite good at the cruising and climbing. She can push her wagon across the hardwood floor very well and has learned to turn it so she can go the other way (or she just uses it like a scooter...). She can now climb into the bathtub, which caused an impressive tumble once she got over the top. Poor kid has a bit of a bruise on her cheek. She's quite sturdy standing without holding on, but she's still often to timid to let go. I've caught her taking a couple of steps trying to chase a little boy, but she hasn't done it since. I'm not even sure she realized that she did it!
She's eating very well (and a lot). We've recently started grinding up almonds to put in her oatmeal and she really likes it. It's nice to be able to give her the extra fat and protein from the almonds in the morning. She still likes beans and we found a sweet short grain brown rice that she really likes (it's almost sticky rice). We've started letting her experiment with the spoon and bowl. It makes a mess, but she's starting to get a few bites in her mouth, and it makes a good distraction for her while I'm either cleaning up the rest of her dinner or preparing the rest of her dinner.
I'm sure there is more, but that's all I can think of for now. She continues to grow and laugh and we love her more and more each day.
Here is Nora on her 11 month birthday. She's turning into such a ham!

A close up of her. I just love her big blue eyes!

The dangerous part of taking these photos every month. She's learned that she can climb down off the couch. She's usually pretty good at it these days. If only she would use the same method going down the stairs...we're still working on that one!

11 months and chilling out in the high chair!

Showing off her sign for "more." Technically, it's the sign for 'Again,' but it's much easier for young hands than the real sign for 'more.'

No comments:
Post a Comment