Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's been a month!

I haven't blogged in a month! Life has been pretty busy since before Thanskgiving. Nora has been making leaps and bounds with her walking and talking. She has so many words now, it's pretty amazing. She's also starting to learn to sign for diaper changes and naps, which is making life a bit easier.

As everyone knows, we are all still recovering from the ice storm. We were lucky enough to have our power restored quickly, but many of our friends (including our next door neighbor) are still without power. Some have been told they will be without power until after Christmas. Fortunately, everyone I know has found a warm place to stay or has an alternative way to heat their home (either with a generator or a wood/gas fireplace). My heart goes out to everyone who is without power. This is a difficult enough time of year for many, and to add this stress is very hard. I've seen many work crews out every day, so I know they are doing their best to restore power as quickly as possible, despite the cold, sometimes nasty weather!

No comments: