Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Camping!

We went camping for my dad's birthday this year. It was the first camping trip of the "summer" and the first time we went with two kids! We had a great time. Nighttime is still a bit of a challenge. Nora was afraid to be in the tent alone, so she stayed up with us. The first night, we went to bed pretty early and she did ok. The second night, she was really tired and just kept moving around. When she finally sat down, on Danielle's chair, she literally fell asleep within minutes sitting up. I'm hoping my dad got a good photo of it that I can post later. I think Andy and I may need to think about investing in a different tent. We like ours, and it may work for another year or two, but as Nora and Beth grow, we may need a bit bigger footprint!

It was a great weekend for camping. Warm and sunny, but cool at night. We could not have asked for a better camping weekend! We brought both kids into the Canoe. Beth was a bit nervous in it unless I was holding her up so she could easily see over the boat. Nora had a good time and ended up going for a short ride with just daddy. As usual, we made breakfast burritos (a camping favorite - although I'm not sure why we don't make them any other time!), ate S'mores and enjoyed being outside!

One of Beth's favorite things while we were camping was climbing from one chair to another. She even caught herself a few times when losing her balance!



Andy went out on the canoe alone and paddled while standing in the middle!


Enjoying time on the beach!




Nora decided that our "toy bin" was a good seat at the campsite!






Some fun while getting ready for the camping trip. We set up our tent to try and figure out how we'd get all four of us in. We also brought the kids tend and tunnel outside. They had a blast crawling through it! Nora also loved the big tent and was very excited to get to have a chance to look around inside!




No comments: