Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Preschool update!

We decided to switch Nora to the Bluebell nursery program at Pine Hill Waldorf School in Wilton, NH. It's 3 days a week- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) from 8-noon and the kids spend a lot of time outside! I think the 4 hour blocks are still a bit rough for her and she's exhausted by Wednesday afternoon, but she really enjoys going! The first few weeks were tough - I was doing the drive both ways and poor Beth got stuck in the car a lot. Luckily, Nora has a friend who lives nearby and her mother is driving Nora to Bluebell in the morning, so we just have to pick her up. She is a totally different child since starting. I don't know if it's because she's 3 or because she's happy in school, but I'll take it! We still have our challenging days though. I've modified my afternoon plans to accomodate for a tired Nora. She won't nap after Bluebell, but we do a quiet activity together and then play outside or do some cooking for a bit.

I'm really enjoying my mornings with Beth and afternoons (while Beth naps) with Nora. It's been great to have some special time with each child. I do often wish I could have an afternoon respite, but the kids will only be this age once, and I'm going to do my best to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Ida Mae said...

oh I love this! That sounds like such a nice thing to have special time with each daughter!