Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010 Summary

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration this year! It really started a week before Christmas with our traditional Chinese food and gift exchange at my grandparents. My aunt and uncle from Florida were up visiting and we had a blast. Because Beth has been much less clingy, I was able to leave my grandparents house and help my sister pick up dinner -which meant a mai tai! Mmmmm. Nora and Beth had a great time!

On Monday, my sister and I went to Wrenthem with the kids. We didn't get a lot of shopping done, but we had fun. It was pretty chilly and windy out, but Nora had a blast running around outside. I'd love to go back for some real shopping - perhaps I can drop the kids off at my dad's house and then head down. We did hit some interesting weather on the drive home.

On Tuesday, my sister and I went to my grandparents again to visit. They had a few inches of nice wet snow and Nora was itching to build a snowman! I stayed in with Beth, but Nora had plenty of company building the snowman. We also went to the enchanted village at Jordan's Furniture, and that was a lot of fun. Nora seemed nervous about it at first, but warmed up to it pretty quickly.

Friday brought Christmas Eve. We decorated cookie houses, baked Stollen (holiday bread) and played games. My dad, sister and brother in law joined in the fun. I think it was one of the most fun days! Nora was so excited to get presents, and even Beth seemed to enjoy opening gifts - although she didn't seem to care nearly as much about what was inside!

Christmas morning was wonderful! Nora was super excited and was thrilled to see all her packages under the tree. It was a very nice relaxing morning. After lunch we went to visit family. We had a nice dinner, but Nora and Beth had some problems. Nora didn't want to leave all her toys behind and Beth was overtired and just kept melting down. I think there was just too much stimulation for her.

The day after Christmas, we drove up to Maine. We had to keep our eye on the weather, but we had a wonderful trip. It's a lot of driving in one day, but we really enjoyed visiting with family and I think the longer day works well right now - Beth just doesn't do well outside her own bed. Once again, Nora and Beth enjoyed opening gifts. Beth loved playing with her Grampa and her Uncle and I enjoyed the fact that she didn't insist on being held all day!

Now we are looking forward to a week with daddy, complete with lots of snow!

No comments: