Last night as I sat down once the kids were asleep to catch my breath and regroup to clean up the dinner dishes and fold laundry, I started thinking about how lucky I am. I spend every day home with two amazing little girls. It does get a bit wearing, but each day is at least a little different from the day before and I really do love watching my girls grow up.
I'm trying to take a step back when Nora and Beth are fighting about who is first or who gets to play "cooker" and remember that there are times when the do play well together - usually either playing hide and seek in the cabinet (after emptying all the pots and pans out). I've also caught Nora and Beth rocking in the chair together reading "My Heart is Like a Zoo," otherwise known as "apple juice" thanks to a line "happy as a herd of hippos drinking apple juice." It's Beth's favorite nighttime book and is also the book she asks for when she needs comforting.
On the way home from school last week, she asked me for a dog - a little white dog, and we would need to get some little dog food and a little dog bed and a little dog leash for when the doggie needs to go outside. All this from a child who is usually terrified of dogs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment