Thursday, December 29, 2011

Busy December!

We had a whirlwind December. At the beginning of the month, I took the kids to the store and we picked out a basket (they picked out one that looked like a Santa suit and called it the "Santa Bucket"). Every day, I filled the basket with a small treat (a small piece of chocolate) and a craft or other activity to do for the day. I had come up with 25 activities, but because of weather, colds and the kids love of doing crafts, we went through my stash of ideas in about two weeks, so I had to scramble for the last 10 days! We made some epsom salt covered candle holders, many many ornaments, beeswax candles, cookies and assorted other decorations to hang on the wall! 

Here the kids are rolling their glue covered candle holders in epsom salt. It provided a nice craft and loads of sensory fun. When the kids were done with the candles, they played in the salt!
 Final product - holiday candle holders that the kids were very proud of!
 Mixing cookie dough!
 Smiling for the camera while big sister rolls out some dough!

 Making "reindeer poop" which are no bake cookies - chocolate, oats and coconut. Yum!
 Beth, painting her snowman circles with white homemade puffy paint (it puffs up in the microwave).
 Our finished snowmen. Nora's is on the right, Beth's on the left and mommy's is in the middle.
 We had a cookie baking day at Danielle's house. Beth LOVED that the snack table was a perfect height for her. She ate a lot of cheese and even more veggies!
 Dipping the Italian cookies in the glaze. When asked "how does it look," Beth answered "not very good!" Danielle got it on video and I'll have to see if I can link it to the blog. It was so funny!

Here's a photo with an assortment of the ornaments we made. Our tree was covered in home made ornaments this year! It was tough to narrow down the ornaments to keep a few and get rid of the rest!

No comments: