Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Another reason to avoid chldren's fever reducers...
I was looking at the ingredients for Tylenol and motrin - both of the standard children's formula's have Red Dye #40, which we try to avoid, in them, so I was trying to find a dye-free one. We don't typically use either of them, but with flu season coming, and Nora not nursing anymore (yes, I'm a bit nervous because this is my first winter with a non-nursing child), I wanted to make sure we are prepared. Well, turns out Children's motrin and tylenol both have sucralose in them! Sucralose is Splenda, and I have a big sensitivity to the stuff (nasty migraines). I have no idea if my kids will have the same reaction, but I would imagine they could, and might not be able to tell me. I would feel awful if they got a migraine because I tried to lower their fever! I think we'll try and stick to natural remedies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I haven't looked at the bottle, so 'm not sure about sucralose, but the infant motrin is clear/white, so I'm pretty sure it's dye-free. It's only for up to 2, but the 2 yr old dose still works for Martha, so that's what we've been using. And motrin lasts longer than tylenol so it's better for daycare.
Post a Comment