Beth woke up around 5:45am. I pulled her closer to me, fed her and cuddled while Andy got ready for work. He left a little before 7am and I just laid in bed watching sweet Beth sleep. I got up around 7:10, and here is what my morning has been like (and this has been a very good morning!).
Turn on teakettle to boil water for tea, check email, make tea.
7:15 hear Nora shout: "Mommy you come in here clean my poopy bottom!" and a few seconds later "PLEASE!"
7:30 Nora is up, diaper is taken care of, she's in underwear for the day. Diapers are carried downstairs and put in the laundry. Breakfast is made. Butter is taken out of the fridge for cookies
7:45 We read Where the Wild Things Are and Twas the Night Before Christmas twice and If You Give a Pig a Pancake 3 times. Nora goes potty twice during storytime
8:00 We run through last nights dinner dishes (which is easy - just clean the crock pot that was soaking all night).
8:15 We start making Maple Shortbread cookies. Cream butter and sugar, get Beth up - much to Nora's dismay. Change Beth's diaper and her clothes. Amazed that she had a blowout on a non-Thursday (usual diaper blow-out day) Wash her woolie onsie and hang it up to dry.
8:45 Put Beth in bouncy seat with Sophie the Giraffe, finish making cookie dough. Put dough in freezer. Go potty again. Cookie dishes go in the sink.
8:50 Nora unwraps some chocolate and butter and wants to make more cookies. I tell her we need to wash the dishes first. A mild temper flareup occurs.
9:00 Nora asks for food. We get out some cheese and grapes and have a snack. I sit down at table and nurse Beth and update blog while Nora eats her snack.
Not bad for the first 2 hours of the day! I hope the rest of the day goes this well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment