Monday, December 21, 2009

Potty training updates

We are still working on potty training with Nora. We haven't really pushed it much (and she's just 26 months) which may be why it's going slowly. She is frequently very good during the week, but still struggles on the weekend or if we go anywhere. When we go to Children's Garden and visit the chiropractor's office on Thursday's, she does well - which may be because she feels completely at home in both locations. However, if we have visitors (like gramma Cherie) or if we go someplace different (like Danielle's house), she seems to forget that she's not wearing a diaper. I figure we'll let her progress on her own for now, and if she's not trained by spring (when the weather is warmer), we'll start working on it then. For now, I just need to find a way to get her to start pooping in the potty. It's certainly been a challenge when Nora has an accident or needs assistance in the bathroom - especially if I'm nursing. Poor Beth has had many meals interrupted due to a bathroom call!

No comments: