Friday, March 12, 2010

Beth is 7 months old!



Springtime is here and outside play has begun to take over the days! It's been great! However, it makes updating the blog a little more tricky because I'd rather be outside!

Beth turned 7 months old recently. She's still a wonderful, sweet, little mama's girl! She has pretty severe separation anxiety right now, which can sometimes be a challenge. We are taking solids very very slowly it seems. We introduced Avocado, Sweet Potato and Pears. We are still working on the physics of eating. She doesn't always get that she needs to open her mouth. She seems to like them just fine, but she's insistent on feeding herself, which is very very messy and she doesn't get much in her mouth! I'm in no rush, since she's still gaining weight just fine and the majority of her calories are still from breastmilk. We have carrots and peas already made in the freezer though. We'll see how she does with those.

Beth is mostly sleeping in her own room now, which is sad, but good all at the same time. After a few rough nights, she seems to sleep better in her own space than sharing a space with me. She's going to bed pretty easily at about 6:30 or 7pm and wakes at 1:30am for a snack, then she's back down until 6am, nurses for a few minute and sleeps again until between 7:30 and 8am! Can't complain too much about that!

Beth also has a tooth, with a second tooth on the way! I couldn't believe she popped her first tooth (on the bottom) last week. I was not ready! Nora didn't get a tooth until around 10 months, so I wasn't really expecting Beth to get one for awhile - despite all the teething. It does appear that Beth may have an easier time with teeth than Nora did, at least for the first few teeth.

No comments: