Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Grocery Store

Grocery shopping with two children is always a challenge. I had been putting Nora in the grocery cart seat and Beth in the Ergo. However, now that Beth is bigger, she's not always happy in the Ergo, and Nora prefers to walk and 'help' me grocery shop. So, I switched to putting Beth in the cart and letting Nora walk with the stipulation that if she ran off or started putting extra groceries in the cart SHE would get to ride in the Ergo. This worked well for some trips, but most of the time, the trip would be just a bit too long and Nora would run off so she could rest in the Ergo for the remainder of the trip. Then, Nora discovered the car grocery carts, which I really dislike because they are very long and the child is way out in front of you! But, it was a great solution because Nora would sit in the car and "drive" and Beth would sit in the cart seat. Yesterday, Nora asked if Beth could sit with her. I was skeptical, but I placed Beth in the car and buckled her in. I only needed a few things, and I could always take her out. The two of them were the most well behaved they have ever been at the grocery store. Nora explained to Beth how the steering wheel worked and showed her where to put the keys to start the car (note: there are not keys and there are no holes for keys on the carts). It was so cute. One of the managers at the grocery store gave Nora some stickers while we were waiting in line, and Nora was kind enough to share them with Beth. I got this shot of the two of them interacting so well...and then pulled the sticker out of Beth's mouth!

No comments: