I was driving home from a friends house last night just before dinner and Nora tells me "I have to go potty." I asked her my standard questions, can you wait until we get home, or do you need to stop sooner, and for the first time in a long time, she said she needed to stop sooner. Unfortunately, we were on a fairly narrow, dark road, so I wasn't willing to stop and let her out (plus, it was quite chilly outside!). I knew that there was a parking area about 3 minutes away where I could pull in for a potty break, and she said she could make it, but she did not want to go into a "peeing store" she wanted to pee in the baggie potty (we have a potty seat in the car that uses gallon sized bags).
After this conversation, she started to sing, to the tune of Jingle Bells: " Oh what fun I will have peeing on the road" I wish I could remember more, but that's all I can remember now. It was really funny. She asked Beth if she like her "peeing song" and then sang it through again! Then she told me she was on her last holding minute before peeing, which made me worry. She managed to hold out, although she did say the pee was moving up to her throat and she was having problems waiting to bring it back down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know just how she feels! I'll have to try singing next tme I get caught short in the car!
love, Gramma
Love it! The songs they come up with are so funny.
Clearly we're raising our daughter right. She assures me that referees are the "number one best", and when we took her skating, she insisted on stopping on the blue line and flinging her arms out to the sides (apparently everyone at public skate was on sides). Then she skated to the goal (holding on to a hand), carefully turned around in the crease, crouched down and held up both hands as if she was a double-glove-hand goalie. She managed to crouch down onto her skates without falling over, much better balance than I have! So we have a budding goalie-referee on our hands... Scott and couldn't stop laughing, but we all had a blast!
It's those little funny moments that keep you sane through it all!
Post a Comment