We've had two pretty good snowstorms in the last week. It means that Nora hasn't been in school for over a week! She only goes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So, she had Wednesday off last week for snow, Monday was a holiday, and school was canceled yesterday and today (today was a 2 hour delay, but that means no preschool). It's been an adventure keeping both kids entertained during the snow days!
Nora usually loves going outside, snow, rain, sunshine - doesn't matter! But, these last two storms, she did not like being out in the snow. She wanted to go back in almost immediately. Finally, yesterday during the snow, we were chatting about snow and she let me know that she was worried that if the snowflake sparkles got stuck in her hair she wouldn't be able to go back to Bluebell when it re-opened. Poor thing. There was a student in her class with head lice, so everyone got checked for "snowflake glitter" last week. She clearly understood that if the glitter was found, the student would be sent home! Once the snow changed to freezing rain yesterday, she opted to go outside for over an hour. We all got soaked, but she had a great time! Thank goodness I have snow pants! I was also very glad that I had shoveled the first 6 inches of fluffy light snow earlier in the day, while Beth was napping and Nora was reading with her Tag and working on some mazes. When we went out in the freezing rain, I got up what I could of the remaining snow and ice - about an inch of heavy wet nasty. It was harder to get up than the 6 inches, and heavier!
Now we have a nice crusty layer of ice on top of our snow and a very icy driveway. I'm hoping that Beth naps so that Nora and I can go outside and play in the snow (and cleanup the driveway!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment