We were hoping to go to the Hilltop Circus today at Pine Hill. It's a great performance put on by the 8th grade class. It's always a wonderful show and Nora loved it last year. As I recall, Beth, at 6 months old, was pretty taken with it as well! We may try to go to the matinee tomorrow - but I don't know if there are tickets still available.
On this snow day, we have already had a rather interesting morning. We've build a "house" with play silks, brought some snow inside for play and dressed up to go outside. This was perhaps the most amusing. I told Nora she needed to wear her snowpants, jacket and boots to go outside. Perhaps I should have been more specific. Other than her underpants, that was ALL she wore! Silly girl. But, Nora did go outside while it was snowing and try to catch snowflakes on her tongue. I think her fear of "snow glitter" is finally gone!
While the kids played on the deck, I was able to take a bit of a break. I had a cup of tea, checked my email and then started doing dishes (I know, big break eh!). The kids came in dripping wet but happy. Once they stripped off the wet clothes, had a snack and a warm beverage it was just about time for Beth to nap. Nora and I enjoyed some special time just the two of us - crafts, reading and playing games. Beth's nap was unusually short, but they went back outside in the snow! The girls also played "night night, morning" on the couch. One of them would pretend to go to sleep, and the other would climb onto the couch to wake up the other one. It was very cute! Unfortunately, towards the end of the day, Beth took a swan dive off the couch and ended up with a bit of a goose egg on her head!
"night night" Nora pretending to sleep on couch.

Beth coming in for "goo morna" wake up time. They cuddle for a few minutes - super cute!

The swan dive boo boo. She's a tough cookie like her sister though. Pardon the pasta sauce on her face!

This is from a different day, but Nora and Beth, after destroying the house decided to just stop and read. Nora read Beth "Giggle Giggle Quack," one of our library books. Pretty sure she got every word right - she has a great memory!

Nora playing with beans in our sensory table. She made all sorts of things. I'm going to use the beans to make bean bags for the kids as Easter gift!

No comments:
Post a Comment