Monday, September 5, 2011

Outside play

We spend a lot of time outside. Both girls love playing outside and it's really a lot easier to keep the kids going right now if we get out for at least a bit. We were very lucky in early September with plenty of nice weather. We went to parks some, but spent a lot of time right in our own yard! Sometimes we have battles over whether to play in the front or back yard if one child wants to swing and the other would rather ride a bike, but most often we can spent some time in each area and everyone is happy!

The kids LOVE the wagon we have. Most of the time, I'm pulling the kids or the kids are pulling their "babies," but on this day, the kids gave each other rides. Beth struggled a bit, but was able to pull Nora down the sidewalk in front of our house.
 While Nora had no trouble pulling Beth on the sidewalk, she found that grass was another story. She had to work pretty hard to pull Beth on the grass!
 Nora actually let Beth try out the balance bike. I probably should have purchased a second one for Beth. She loved it, and it was fun to watch her work on walking with it! I'm sure she'll be zooming around soon!
 Learning to walk on romper stompers in the backyard. These are very tricky, but Nora was very determined to take a few steps on them!
 Rolling down the hill, completing one task in an obstacle course.
 Zig-zaging through the cones.
 Enjoying a late summer afternoon in the yard with some water play!
 After cooling off, Beth decided to climb the rock wall with no spotter and no shoes.
 Going for a ride on the turtle. I think they were trying to go to Aunt Danielle's house...
 Uh-oh. Time to run. I'm about to get sprayed!
 Both girls using a big-girl swing!
 Beth "belly swinging." If you look closely...you'll notice she's wearing underpants over her diaper. She did this on her own. I put her in the orange diaper cover that came with the dress!

No comments: