Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Camping!

We went camping July 18-20 with Danielle, Jeff and my Dad. It was great fun, and Nora did really well. The first day there, it was really humid for setup. Andy and I took turns playing with ("looking after") Nora and helping set up camp. We were a little worried about how Nora would do at the campsite - they are basically sand/dirt sites surrounded by trees. Fortunately for us, she didn't like dirt on her hands, so she stayed on the play mat we brought. When it came time for Nora to go to sleep, it was too hot in the tent, and if I put her down and tried to get out, I made too much noise and would wake her back up. We decided to put her in the stroller and go for a walk - she fell asleep pretty quickly and stayed there until we were ready for bed. The first night wasn't bad at all. She nursed for a bit and then went to sleep in her travel crib. She did wake up during a particularly loud thunderstorm and spent the rest of the night between Andy and I.

On Saturday, we took our time in the morning and had a nice breakfast (burritos!). Then we went to the pond to play in the water and sand. It was great fun! Nora LOVES the water. We put her in a little float and she just kept kicking all over. We had to watch her though - she loves to stick her face right into the water. Saturday night was a little tougher for Nora. It seems the second night in a new place is cause for concern. She fussed off and on all night, but did sleep as long as she was right up close to her parents.

Sunday, we got most everything packed up before the rain. The screen tent will need to be dried out a bit, everything else was fine. Overall, we had a great time and will plan to take Nora camping again in the future. I was amazed at how much more I had to think about when planning the trip - clothes and food for an extra person, toys, sleeping arrangements...

Here are some photos from our camping adventure:

Here's a photo my dad took of me and Nora.


Nora had lots of fun playing with her Aunt Danielle and Uncle Jeff.


I've got the keys with a bottle opener on them, and I think I found the beer cooler!


Not so sure about this dirt thing.


Nora is checking out Dad's fire...from a safe distance away!


I make a sour face, but I'll still keep eating the lemon (and I'll cry if you take it away).


Look at all these new toys!


Thinking about dumping water all over daddy...


All tired out after a long weekend!

No comments: