Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eleanor is 9 months old!

I can't believe my little Nora is 9 months old! She had her 9 month Well-baby visit on Tuesday. We had our first visit with her new Dr, which was nice. The new Dr. takes a much more holistic approach to things and even though she's in family practice, is much better with children! Eleanor was 18lbs 11oz (50%), just over 27 inches in length (50%) and her head was around 18cm (90%). Yes, her head size seems to be from her daddy!

Eleanor is now crawling all over the place and pulling herself up on anything or anyone she can find - including other un-steady children! She's also starting to cruise - especially if it will get her closer to something she knows she's not supposed to touch! Bath time is still one of her favorite times of the day, but it is becoming very challenging. Nora likes to stand up in the bathtub, so we are constantly telling her that standing in the tub is "not ok" and sitting her back down.

Nora is still putting everything in her mouth. She especially loves wet washcloths and anything made of wood. Good thing we have a few wooden rattles! She's got one tooth on the bottom, and I think the second tooth is about ready to make an appearance (sometimes you can see it, sometimes the gums are swollen around it).

Eleanor does seem to be afraid of pets. This morning when a cat meowed at her, she started crying and a few weeks ago while Andy and I were at a Sox game, a dog sniffed her feet and she really freaked out. Poor thing. Guess we will have to start introducing her to animals more often.

Nora still has lots of separation anxiety, but she will crawl away from me when she's feeling comfortable somewhere. This has been both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, when she was attached to her mum, I knew she wouldn't wonder off, but she'd follow me with big crocodile tears crying "MAAAAAA MAAAA" if I went more than a few feet away. Now it's nice because I sometimes have a little more freedom, but I have to really watch where she goes.

I'll have to come back and post the photos later.

No comments: