This afternoon was full of errands. I needed to pick up a few things before our trip to Maine and since it was rainy today, I decided to try and squeeze as many of the errands in to one day. I had to drive out to Milford to drop off some milk and then head back to Nashua. On the way to Milford (about a 25 minute drive), I had to stop twice because Nora said she had to pee. Then, she claimed she had to pee again as soon as we left our destination, so I stopped at Toadstool Bookshop (my favorite bookstore!). She did use out little travel potty in the parking lot, and then I couldn't resist going in to the store. I was already a bit tired and cranky from earlier in the day, so it was not the smartest to go into the bookstore. I think I got 6 or 7 books, including Cat in the Clouds - a book about the cat at the Mt Washington Observatory. Ah Retail Therapy! Guess at least books are never a waste of money in this house!
We left there and started to head to Buy Buy Baby to pick up a few things for our trip - some take and toss spoons and containers for Beth's food and such. I went there primarily because I had a coupon and I knew they had what I needed. While we were walking in, someone let their dog (a Boxer mix) off the leash, and he of course ran straight for Nora, who screamed bloody murder. So much for getting her less scared of animals. Argh. It took a bit of time to calm her down and then we were able to shop. Once we were done there, I started the LONG drive home. Buy Buy Baby is only a few minutes from my house but it took us nearly 40 minutes to get home. I had to stop four times because Nora was freaked out by a bug on her car seat. She has become afraid of everything over the last few weeks! I also had to stop once so she could try and pee. Frankly, I'm beginning to think she's just trying to see how often I'll stop the car, but she did stay dry for the whole trip...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Jenn, you have the patience of a saint! I hope Nora doesn't want to stop and pee every 5 miles on your trip to Maine!!
Cherie
Post a Comment