Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Playing together!

Over the last week or so, the kids have really started playing well together again. It was a bit of a tough stretch between Thanksgiving and early February. The constant fighting over every little thing, the tears, the screaming, the whining. It was making for really long days! Then, we had a rather extended cold (or 2). First was two weeks of exhaustion combined with a 4 day fever. We followed that with another cold that included a few days of fever and a few weeks of wet coughing. It has been a long month! We seem to be mostly recovered from everything. Beth still has a bit of a runny nose, but the majority of the coughing has stopped.

One day last week when I was up in the night with Beth, I was totally exhausted. I got the kids breakfast and then laid down on the couch for a few minutes. The kids finished their breakfast and then started playing. They played, without one fight, for the entire morning! I was able to wake up, make some tea, pick up the breakfast dishes, and start the laundry without having to break up a fight or answer fifty questions!

Here's a photo of the girls that I just love. Both girls love books, and Nora has really enjoyed 'reading' to Beth lately. But really, what I love most about this photo, is the little bit of their personality you can see. Nora is still wearing her pajama shirt underneath her playdress and Beth has her dress on backwards.

 One of the games the kids adore playing is hide and seek. Of course, neither of them are very good about keeping quiet in their hiding location (although Nora is getting a lot better). During one round, I entered the living room to Beth "hiding" behind the chair.

No comments: