Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

February 14 and we were outside in a mid-weight fleece jacket! After I dropped Nora off at school with her bag full of homemade Valentines cards, Beth and I went to her tumbling class. The second we got home, Beth asked if she could ride her bike. So, instead of going inside for a snack, I opened the garage door and we played outside until it was time to pick up Nora.

 Nora made Valentine's for us at school. She was so proud to give them to us!
 Here are the Valentine's Nora made for school. I cut out butterflies and Nora decorated them. They came out really cute. Some were simple (like the one I have a photo of) and some were elaborate with lots of rhinestones and glitter glue. Nora's preschool teachers told me how excited Nora was to hand out her cards to her classmates. They were also happy to see that Nora is given artistic freedom at home. Unfortunately, when Nora got home from school, she was upset because all the other girls in her class gave out princess valentines (Disney princess/fairy, with princess lollipops). We talked for a bit about how special her cards were because they were so different. By the end of the day, she was back to being proud of her cards.

 We actually made these cookies the day after Valentine's Day. Nora requested roll our chocolate cookies, so that's what we made. i let the kids decorate them with some icing and sprinkle sugar. we had some pretty silly looking cookies.

No comments: